We know that when you pass your personal details to us, you are trusting us to keep them safe, and we will do everything within our power to do this. We operate in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We want you to feel confident knowing that when you pass your details on to us they will be safe and protected. If we have not made anything crystal clear, or you would like to know anything else, just get in touch, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We will collect personal information about you. We do this by capturing the information you give us using online forms, over the phone, via your CV, Job Boards such as REED, Job Site, Total Jobs, Monster, CV Library and by cookies.
The administration and Recruitment team will have access to some of this information so that they can provide you with excellent service.
The information on your CV that is available to HancoxRead Recruitment will solely used to help you (Candidate) find the right job. The information that gathered and shared with our Clients (Employers) include:
- information contained in your CV or job application such as your name, address, private e-mail address and phone number;
- information contained in any documents that you send to any of us for identity verification purposes such as your passport, National ID card, Full UK Birth Certificate or driving licence;
- compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom,
- links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or corporate website,
- information that you provide about yourself when negotiating or entering into a contract with us.
How long do we store your data
We will keep your information for as long as you wish to receive our communications and thereafter for the longer of the period required in order to meet our business, legal or regulatory responsibilities. As a general rule, if you are a candidate, your information will be held for as long as you are actively engaging with us in order to receive work finding services.
If you cease to actively engage with us:
- if you are a candidate seeking a permanent or fixed term engagement we will retain your personal data for two years after the date we last had meaningful contact with you;
- if you are a candidate seeking a temporary assignment or a contracting role we will retain your personal data for two years after date we last had meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate the company you are working for or with);
- if you are a contractor or temporary worker and have performed an assignment we will retain details of your assignment for six years after the end date of your assignment in order to comply with applicable accounting and tax laws and to assist in the event of HMRC raising any queries regarding your tax status
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you are a Candidate that is searching for employment and you have approached HancoxRead Recruitment about work
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to know and amend the information
At any time, you have a right to ask us what information we hold about you. You can also, if you wish, obtain a copy of this information, all you must do is ask. We will just need to check your identity.
We have a plan in place to ensure that the information we hold on you is regularly reviewed and kept accurate and up-to-date. If it becomes apparent that the information we hold on you is inaccurate or factually wrong, we will correct it as swiftly as possible. You have a right to ask us to stop processing your details at any time as long it does not affect any contract agreement in place. This falls as part of your “generally applicable rights” please just email [email protected] and the relevant action will be completed